Do you enjoy working with people? Is customer service your passion? Apply today! Full and Part time positions available!
The Showroom Coordinator receives visitors at the dealership, determines the nature of their business, and directs calls to their destination. They are responsible for answering basic inquiries, routing incoming calls, taking messages, and providing basic information to all callers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited the following:
- Tracks customers that visit the dealership utilizing traffic monitoring process.
- Obtains basic demographic information about each customer, using an up card, a computer system, a log sheet, or other method established by the dealership.
- Enters data into prospect tracking system and runs prospect reports for managers weekly.
- Greets showroom customers and determines the nature of their visit.
- Directs customers to the appropriate person, or informs salesperson that a customer is waiting, and introduces the customer to a salesperson.
- Communicates with callers and visitors in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Communicates messages to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Answers incoming phone calls to the sales department or takes a thorough message for the appropriate salesperson.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Treat all customers with respect and dignity.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer and phone skills are essential.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma.
- Customer service experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk and navigate stairways within the dealership.
- Must be able to listen and speak in order to communicate with customers and sales staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Showroom Coordinator's work primarily within the dealership, but may occasionally be asked to move about the sales lot.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Applicants must apply online at Haselwood to be considered.