- Bremerton, WA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive benefits package including paid sick and vacation time, medical/dental coverage and 401(k) with employer match.
Haselwood auto Group in Bremerton, WA is currently seeking an experience Lube Technician. Our Lube Technicians experience a busy environment with consistent work and a strong team of advisors. We help ensure your future by supporting your continuing education in the automotive field.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to move into an apprentice position within the shop. Our Lube Technicians enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including paid sick and vacation time, medical/dental coverage and 401(k) with employer match. If you are a strong candidate for this position, you will have at least two years experience in the automotive field, with at least one year as a lube technician. Dealership experience is a plus, but not necessary.
Our employees must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving record and pass a pre-employment drug screening. The job description is listed below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Performs basic auto repairs.
- Sells lubrication, safety inspection, and other related services.
- Maintains records on regular customers, following up periodically with telephone, mail, or personal reminders.
- Drains oil from crankcase and refills with required amount of oil.
- Replaces oil and air filters. I
- nspects vehicle fluid levels, replaces or replenishes as necessary.
- Checks tire pressure and adds air if needed.
- Lubricates moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Documents all work performed on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs as assigned by service manager.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
- Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Treat all customers with respect and dignity.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Applicants must apply online at Haselwood to be considered.