- Bremerton, WA, USA
- Full Time
Medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacations and holidays
The All New West Hills Ford Mazda is currently seeking a qualified Diesel Technician.
Relocation and signing bonuses are negotiable for well qualified technicians. We need your expertise here!
Technicians enjoy a lucrative pay and bonus program as well as employee benefits such as medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid vacations and holidays!
West Hills Ford Mazda is proud to be one of the newest members of the Haselwood Auto Group, the largest auto group in the Kitsap Peninsula.
Domestic experience is preferred, but not required. ASE Certifications are a must. We reimburse for certifications earned while employed and ensure our technicians receive the training they need.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply today! All employees must submit a three year driving abstract and pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal history check. We follow federal guidelines for drug testing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs automotive repairs as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory time allowances and standards.
- Diagnoses cause of malfunction.
- Removes and disassembles unit and performs repair.
- Examines vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advises service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be made.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer. Installs repaired parts, replaces fluids and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Road tests vehicle when required or refers to test technician.
- Documents work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Attends manufacturer-sponsored training classes.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean.
- Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
- Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Treat all customers with respect and dignity.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technical developments).