- Bremerton, WA, USA
- Full Time
Medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer match, voluntary benefits
Heartland Toyota is currently in need of an experience Automotive Service Advisor. Previous experience in the automotive service writing is required. Dealership experience is preferred, but not necessary. Independent shop advisors are encouraged to apply.
Heartland Toyota is a proud member of the Haselwood Auto Group, the largest auto group in the Kitsap Peninsula with 7 dealerships and 14 manufacturers. Opportunites for growth happen every day, so if you have aspirations to do more, this is the place to be!
This position is paid weekly commission plus bonus, based on performance objectives. We offer a generous employee benefits program including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/vision coverage, cancer and accident coverage, and paid vacations and holidays.
If this excellent opportunity is the right one for you, apply today for immediate consideration!
The Service Advisor is the dealerships' first - line customer relations and service sales representative. The job encompasses the proper satisfaction of customer and vehicle related problems, meeting predetermined service sales objectives and the thorough and accurate performance of designated administrative activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
A. Specific Responsibilities: Customer Relations
- Maintain a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance. Wear any recommended company apparel and/or uniforms as designed. Wear any company name badges/tags appropriately and every day.
- Conduct all business with sincerity, honesty, and genuine concern for the customer.
- Promptly meet and greet service customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Listen to the customer's reason for bringing their vehicle to the service department.
- Offer logical diagnostic services or repairs to satisfy the customer's concerns.
- oIncorporate use of the diagnostic operations menu at write-up as a part of the Road to a Sale.
- oDiagnostic procedures operations and prices must be used at all times on customer pay transactions.
- Provide accurate estimates for all the services or repairs recommended.
- Handle minor customer complaints and / or misunderstandings with courtesy, tact, and in a manner that does not further aggravate the problem.
- Make policy adjustments within the guidelines and budgets established by management.
- Personally turn over to the service manager or other designated management representatives, customers with complaints that can not be satisfied at the service advisor level.
- Answer incoming telephone calls promptly, courteously, and make every effort to satisfy the callers inquiry.
B. Specific Responsibilities: Service Sales
- Sell the proper repairs and / or services responsive to the customer's perceived needs. Present the maintenance menu of recommended maintenance services to every service customer except in customer sensitive situations such as comebacks or angry customers..
- Make a genuine effort to sell the maintenance services due on every service customer's vehicle according to the service " Road to A Sale."
- Use the Moulder Approach for additional sales in the Road to a Sale
- oSet up inspections for additional sales using the Moulder Approach
- oPrepare estimates Moulder Approach style
- Obtain accurate parts and labor prices for all customer pay and internal operations using the appropriate parts price sources and labor-pricing guides.
- The dealership utilizes a variable rate approach to service labor pricing incorporating the use of a repair rate pricing grid. Each service advisor is expected to follow the dealership's labor pricing policy.
- Give every customer the best possible estimate at the same time the repair order is initially written.
- Obtain the customer's written approval on all repair orders at the time of the write up or when closing additional add on sales.
- Obtain properly documented telephone approval for all add on sales when the customers are not at the dealership.
- Prospect future maintenance sales by reviewing the next menu interval service before customers leave the dealership as they are picking up their vehicle.
- Meet or exceed the sales objectives set by management.
C. Specific Responsibilities: Administration
- Maintain service scheduling per company policy on a thorough, accurate, and continuous basis. Work with the appointment coordinator to maximize the time available to sell.
- Maintain a written or printed record of appointments and carryovers.
- Properly and thoroughly print repair orders with the best information for the technician as possible.
- Follow any company policies as it pertains for completing repair order information on repeat repair visit vehicles and attached any necessary information to assist technicians and group leaders.
- Obtain a phone number, cell-phone number, pager number, fax number or the best means possible to contact the customer as needed. When that isn't possible, ensure the customer will contact you at an agreed upon time.
- Separate and distribute repair order copies according to department policy.
- Properly document repair order changes.
- Carefully inspect every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing, legibility and price given to the customer.
- No customer should leave without a completed copy of his or her repair order.
- Maintain a record of special order parts status for your group. Work your special orders to minimize the amount of time from order to installation.
- Perform other specific administrative functions as directed by service management.
D. Specific Responsibilities: Communication
- Provide additional vehicle problem / complaint information to the technical staff as needed.
- Maintain communications with the technical staff regarding job status changes.
- Remain continuously posted on the shop's workload to determine the kind of work the shop can quickly accommodate.
- Maintain close communications with your group leader.
- Maintain communications with other service advisors to ensure maximum production is accomplished by work transfer to other groups as needed.
- Inform the sales manager of potential new vehicle sales customers.
- Contact service customers by phone when their vehicle's work is finished.
- Explain all repairs, customer paid and /or warranty.
- Explain any charges in detail.
- Review final pick-up time.
- If customer pick-up time is to occur when you are off premises, review the repair order and details with the ASM scheduled to be on duty.
- Contact any waiting customers personally when their vehicle's work is finished.
- Explain all repairs, customer paid and /or warranty.
- Explain any charges in detail.
- Perform an Active Service Delivery
- Ensure all repair orders are sent to the cashier before the customer arrives or before the customer is sent to the cashier's window.
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its customer, or employees.
- Treat all customers with respect and dignity.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year experience writing service.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid drivers license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be regularly asked to move from the service bay, various location on the dealership lot and all locations within the dealership building.
- Employee may be exposed to weather elements when working outdoors.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or technical developments).
Applicants must apply online at https://haselwood.applicantpro.com/ to be considered.